McDavid 513 Elastic Wrist Support, Small/Medium
McDavid offers a range of sports medicine products based on protection and support levels. Each level provides soft tissue support through compression, and may promote healing through therapeutic heat. This product offers Level I support.
- Protection Level I, Primary:
- General purpose protection
- Minor pain, sprains, and instability
- Relief from arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
- Protection Level II, Advanced:
- Minor to moderate protection
- Slight ligament instabilities or pain
- Offers more protection than simple sleeves
- Protection Level III, Maximum:
- Ultimate in protection
- Moderate to major instabilities and pain
- Provides the maximum level of support
In 1969, Dr. Robert F. McDavid, operating out of a basement in Bellwood, Illinois, developed what became the first widely used lateral protective knee brace in football. Today, the company manufactures more than 400 products for athletes and active people of all ages, designed to help prevent injury while enhancing performance. McDavid is the most recommended brand of braces among sports medical professionals, and an industry leader in sports medical products and technical performance athletic wear.